A long, long time ago, humans of Earth were forced to clean their dishes, pots and pans in sinks filled with water. They scrubbed and toiled and rinsed and dried and then they’d collapse in exhaustion. Today, we have dishwashers to do all of our dirty work. And these tips will help you get the most bang for your cleaning buck…
• Storing powdered dishwasher detergent under the kitchen sink is one of those things that almost all of us do. As it turns out, that’s not the best place for it! Check out the Dishwasher Detergent Tip post to learn more.
• Although the name would suggest otherwise, the dishwasher can clean more than just dishes. Mama Cuisine uses the dishwasher to clean her kids’ toys. You can also use the dishwasher to clean domes and glass shades from light fixtures (top rack only) and, according to this post from Apartment Therapy, even prep your holiday potatoes.
• Every night after dinner, in households around the world, there’s an ongoing debate: what’s the best way to load the dishwasher. Kari Karch saves the day with her How to Load Your Dishwasher video.
• You might not think that you need to clean an appliance that is a cleaning machine, but that’s not the case. To keep you dishwasher running in tip top shape, follow Kari’s tips for How to Clean Your Dishwasher.
• If you have hard water in your home, you’re likely to experience hard water stains on your glassware. Amy Clark’s DIY Dishwasher Detergent will help you fight those stains and save a little cash at the same time.
Shop the full line of Kenmore dishwashers to see all the latest features and innovations.