There’s nothing like waking up to a bright shot of color. It’s your biggest ally when it comes to refreshing a room.
Color in the kitchen
- Add a backsplash of colored tile to instantly change the look of your kitchen.
- Recover your kitchen chairs or stools in a deep color or new pattern.
- Painted floors are beautiful against white cabinets.
- Place a colorful rug under your breakfast table.
- Put bowls of lemons and limes on counters and table.
- Replace a window with stained glass, or suspend a stained-glass panel in front of it.
- Bright knobs and pulls add a pop of color to maple cabinets.
- Display colorful pottery and dishes on open shelves.
- Frame images of colorful fruits and vegetables to brighten a wall.
- Start a windowsill garden; you’ll gain both color and fresh herbs.
Brighten a bath
- Go bold in a guest bath – try a deep wall color or patterned wallpaper.
- Add colored monograms to classic white towels.
- Fill clear jars with colored soaps or beach glass.
- A simple change of towels can have a big effect. Bold stripes, for instance, say “summer.”
- Hang a glass vase on the wall to hold fresh or faux flowers.