Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
659 per serving
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, Crust (double crust)
- 1 teaspoons salt, Crust (double crust)
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk powder, Crust (double crust)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, Crust (double crust)
- 3/4 cup ice water, Crust (double crust)
- slivered almonds for lattice top, Crust (double crust)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed, Filling
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, Filling
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon, Filling
- 2 cup gala apples, Filling
- 2 cup fresh bing cherries, Filling
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice, Filling
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, Filling
Step 1: Crust
Whisk together flour, salt, and buttermilk powder.
Step 2: Crust
Dice the butter into small cubes. Work into the flour until well-distributed. Large pea-sized pieces of butter will be scattered throughout the mixture.
Step 3: Crust
Toss the mixture with your fingers, drizzle in the ice water. Stop adding water when the dough starts to come together into a ball.
Step 4: Crust
Chill the dough in refrigerator for 30 mins before rolling out.
Step 1: Filling
In a bowl stir together sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
Step 2: Filling
Add apples to cinnamon sugar mixture; mix thoroughly.
Step 3: Filling
Place filling in center of crust, dot with butter.
Finishing the Pie:
Preheat the oven to 375 F. For Lattice Top - cut strips of dough and weave across pie top. Brush strips with a mixture of egg white and water. Top with sugar and slivered almonds. Bake 40 to 55 mins, until crust is golden. Yield: 6 servings from a 10 inch pie pan.