Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
735 per serving
- 5 cup flour, Pastry Crust
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, Pastry Crust
- 1 pounds lard, Pastry Crust
- 1/2 teaspoons salt, Pastry Crust
- 3/4 cup water (after egg and vinegar are in cup), Pastry Crust
- 1 egg, Pastry Crust
- 2 teaspoons vinegar, Pastry Crust
- 3/4 cup sugar, Apple Pie Filling
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon, Apple Pie Filling
- 1 teaspoons nutmeg, Apple Pie Filling
- 1 tablespoons tapioca, Apple Pie Filling
- tablespoons salt, Apple Pie Filling
- 6 cup thinly sliced apples (mix 3 kinds of apples such as gala, jonagold, courtland), Apple Pie Filling
- 2 tablespoons butter, Apple Pie Filling
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar, to sprinkle on top of pie, Apple Pie Filling
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon, to sprinkle on top of pie, Apple Pie Filling
Step 1: Pastry Crust
Cut lard into flour. Add salt and baking powder.
Step 2: Pastry Crust
Drop egg in cup measure and add vinegar. Fill cup to 3/4 full with cold water and add to flour mixture. Work until hands stay clean of dough. This is a large recipe, so freeze in five 10 oz. balls for 9 to 10 inch pies. If using crust immediately, keep cold.
Step 1: Apple Pie Filling
Heat oven to 425 F. Line bottom of pan (lightly sprayed with oil) with pastry crust.
Step 2: Apple Pie Filling
Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, tapioca, salt, and then mix with apples.
Step 3: Apple Pie Filling
Place half of apples in pastry-lined pan. Dot with butter. Place remaining apples on top of butter.
Cover pie with top pastry crust sealing edges. Place slits on top of pie. Mix the 1 Tbsp each of cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle on top of pie. Bake 40 to 50 mins, until crust is golden and juice begins to bubble through slits. If crust is browning too much, put a strip of aluminum foil around the outside edging of pie (this may be done prior to putting into the oven to prevent over-browning).