A zesty relish provides a fitting accompaniment to fresh oysters served right on the half shell.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
36 per serving
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, preferably Meyer lemon
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice, preferably Meyer lemon
- 5 green olives, such as Picholine, pitted and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- canola oil, for grill
- 24 oysters, scrubbed
In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, parsley, oregano, shallots, lemon juice, olives, salt and pepper. Set aside. Heat an outdoor grill (or a stovetop ridged grill) to very hot. If using an indoor ridged grill, brush the grill with canola oil.
Place whole oysters, flat side up, on the grill and grill until oyster shells open, about 5-7 minutes. Discard any oysters that do not open. Once the oysters have cooled slightly, use an oyster knife to detach the oyster meat from flat shell, discarding top shell, and leaving the meat in the bottom, rounded shell. Add 1-2 teaspoons of relish to each. Return to the grill and heat through (1 more minute), or until hot.
Transfer oysters to a serving platter, garnish the platter with lemon and herbs and serve immediately. Serves 24.