Once you know how to make a basic broth, there’s no limit to the soups and other dishes you can create. Try this recipe courtesy of Chef Mark Sparacino.
343 per serving
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 leek, thoroughly cleaned, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, cut up
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 10 cup water, cold, can limit to 8 cups if preferred
Place all ingredients in a large stockpot and set over high heat. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Strain liquid and use.