Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
425 per serving
- 2/3 cup shortening, chilled (for pie crust)
- 2 cup all-purpose flour, (for pie crust)
- 1 teaspoons salt, (for pie crust)
- 5 tablespoons cold water, (for pie crust)
- 3/4 cup white sugar, (for filling)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, (for filling)
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, (for filling)
- 4 cup fresh blueberries, (for filling)
- 1-1/2 cup fresh blackberries, (for filling)
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice, (for filling)
- 2 tablespoons butter, (for filling)
Cut shortening into 2 cups flour and salt until the shortening is the size of small peas. Sprinkle in water 1 tablespoon at a time until flour is moistened. Gather into a ball, wrap with plastic, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Divide the dough in half and roll out half on a lightly floured board. Line a 9-inch pie dish with the pastry. Roll out the top crust and set aside.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Mix sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and cinnamon. Stir in berries to coat. Pour the filling into the pastry-lined pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter. Cover with top crust; cut slits in the top to vent the steam. Seal the crust and flute the edges.
Cover the edges of the crust with foil to prevent over-browning. Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown and the juices are bubbling, about 45 minutes. Remove foil during the last 12 minutes of baking.