Sushi is good, but did you know it’s also the perfect lunchbox meal? This BLT sushi is perfect for on-the-go and easy for kids’ little fingers to pick up.
1071 per serving
- 2 cup cooked sushi rice, Japanese rice
- 2-1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- good quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce, 1 lettuce leaf, cut in 4 long strips
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Roma tomatoes
- 4 strips of applewood smoked bacon
- 2 sheet seaweed for sushi
Take 2 cups of hot sushi rice and mix well with rice wine vinegar.
Lay your seaweed on the sushi roller and place about 1 cup of rice on the seaweed sheet. Spread the rice evenly on the sheet, to the edges.
Preferably with a squeeze bottle, squeeze some mayonnaise on the rice, across the length of the seaweed sheet.
Lay the lettuce and tomatoes down across the sheet. Then, lay the crispy bacon down.
With your sushi roller, firmly roll the sushi tight. Then, with a sharp knife, slice into about 1 inch rolls and serve.