0 per serving
- 3 cup flour, Crust
- 1 teaspoons salt, Crust
- 1 cup vegetable shortening, Crust
- 7 tablespoons ice water, Crust
- 3 cup sugar, Filling
- 1 cup flour, Filling
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon, Filling
- 1 teaspoons nutmeg, Filling
- 5 cup fresh blueberries, Filling
- 1 cup prepared blueberry jam, Filling
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice, Filling
- 3 tablespoons butter, Filling
Step 1: Crust
Combine flour and salt. Cut in 1 cup chilled shortening until small pea-sized balls form. Then add ice water and gently pat together.
Step 2: Crust
Roll out 1/2 of the dough between 2 sheets of wax paper. Place dough in pie dish.
Step 1: Filling
Combine filling ingredients and gently stir together.
Step 2: Filling
Spoon filling mixture into the pie crust.
Step 3: Crust
Roll out second half of pie crust and cut into 1-inch strips and arrange in a lattice design over blueberry mixture.
Bake at 400 F for 15 mins, then at 350 F for an additional 35 mins. Yields one 9-inch pie.