Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
531 per serving
- 1-1/2 cup ginger snaps, crushed, Crust
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts, plus 2 Tbsp divided, Crust
- 1 cup butter/ margarine, melted, Crust
- 16 ounces cream cheese, soft, Filling
- 15 ounces (1 can) pumpkin, Filling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, Filling
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger, Filling
- 1/2 teaspoons mace, Filling
- 1/2 teaspoons cardamom, Filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar, Filling
- 3 ounces (1 pkg) butterscotch instant pudding, Filling
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup, Filling
- 1 cup whipping cream or whipped topping, Filling
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped, Filling
- 1 cup toffee pieces, Filling
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, Topping
- 2/3 cup flour, Topping
- 4 tablespoons butter/ margarine, Topping
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped, Topping
- 6 egg whites, Meringue Topping (covers 1 pie)
- 1 cup sugar, Meringue Topping (covers 1 pie)
- 1 tablespoons cream of tartar, Meringue Topping (covers 1 pie)
- 12 ounces whipped topping, Quicker Version -- Whipped Topping (covers 1 pie)
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon, Quicker Version -- Whipped Topping (covers 1 pie)
- butterscotch ice cream topping, warmed enough to drizzle walnuts and toffee, chopped, as desired, Quicker Version -- Whipped Topping (covers 1 pie)
Step 1: Crust
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare pie crust for 2 (9-inch) pie plates. Mix crust ingredients together and press against the bottom and sides of the 2 pie plates.
Step 2: Crust
Place in oven for 10 mins. Cool on wire rack and set aside.
Step 1: Filling
In a mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin. Mix well.
Step 2: Filling
Add the spices, powdered sugar, pudding, and maple syrup. Mix well.
Step 3: Filling
Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped cream or cool whip. Fold in the chopped walnuts and toffee pieces.
Spread filling over the cooled crust. Mix pie topping ingredients together and sprinkle on filling. Prepare one of the two toppings - Meringue or whipped topping.
Step 1: Optional Meringue Topping
Preheat oven to 425. Use a clean bowl and beater free of any grease. Separate eggs, being careful not to get any yolk in the bowl. **Meringue will not set up properly if there is any fat (yolk).
Step 2: Optional Meringue Topping
**Make sure the egg whites have been at room temp for at least an hour. Beat egg whites on med - high. When soft peaks have formed,add 1 cup of sugar very gradually, until not grainy. Add the cream of tartar.
Step 3: Optional Meringue Topping
Spread on the pie, being careful not to seal all the edges. Put in preheated oven for 8 - 10 mins, until lightly golden. Refrigerate at least 2 hrs before serving.
Step 1: Optional Whipped Topping (Quicker Version)
Mix in the whipped topping with the cinnamon. Spread over pie. Drizzle with butterscotch topping.
Step 2: Optional Whipped Topping (Quicker Version)
Sprinkle with walnuts and toffee, as desired. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.