Tossing some corkscrew pasta in cream sauce with some broccoli, you can create a complete meal in just a few minutes.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
2018 per serving
- 5 cup broccoli florets, about 1 large bunch
- 1 pounds fusilli or corkscrew pasta, such as whole-wheat rotini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped, about 8 cloves or 3 tablespoons jarred minced garlic
- 3 large chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless, cut into half-inch strips
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth, low salt
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta to the water. Cook as directed, adding broccoli florets to cook with the pasta for the last four minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large heavy skillet over high heat. Add garlic and chicken and sauté until chicken is just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Remove chicken. To the same pan, add wine, broth and half & half and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
Add pasta, broccoli, chicken and cheese to sauce and toss until mixture is heated through and coated evenly with sauce.