Chef David Blackmon shares a recipe for Tuxedo Sesame Crusted Chicken on a stick with Wasabi Slaw.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
1383 per serving
- 1 tablespoons Wasabi Powder
- 1 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons packed Splenda brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced bok choy
- 1 cup thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin 2-inch strips (1 cup)
- 1/2 small unpeeled cucumber, quartered lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons Sesame Seed, White
- 3 tablespoons Sesame Seed, Black
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness, sliced into inch strips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 6-inch Bamboo skewers
For the Wasabi Slaw, mix wasabi and water in medium bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar, brown sugar, oil, ginger and salt. Mix bok choy, Napa cabbage, bell pepper and cucumber in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Chicken, thread chicken strips on bamboo skewers, mix bread crumbs and sesame seeds in shallow dish. Beat egg, garlic powder, salt and pepper in separate shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg mixture. Coat evenly on both sides in bread crumb mixture, pressing firmly so mixture adheres to chicken. Discard any remaining egg and bread crumb mixtures.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; several pieces at a time; cook 5 minutes per side or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Repeat with remaining chicken, adding remaining oil if needed. Serve with Wasabi Slaw.