I have been making fried rice with bacon for many years! This version that I created has big chunks of vegetables and and big bacon pieces! My husband and I think it’s my best yet!
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
944 per serving
- 2 cup water
- 1 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 12 ounces thick sliced hickory smoked bacon, quartered
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, halved
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, quartered
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1 spring onion, diced
Bring water and bouillon to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan over high heat. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 14 minutes, or until rice has absorbed most of the water. Remove from heat. Keep covered and set aside.
Place bacon pieces in a 10-inch skillet. Cook over medium heat, turning at least once, until bacon is crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon.
Pour off most of the bacon grease. Add vegetables. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
Push vegetables to side of skillet. Add the eggs. Cook and stir until eggs are set, about 2 minutes.
Add bacon, rice, soy sauce, honey, ginger and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with diced spring onion. Serve immediately.