Combining Brie with pears and olives adds a rich, savory flavor to these baked toasts.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
81 per serving
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally in quarter-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 tbsp. for tapenade
- 1 cup black olives, pitted (such as Kalamata)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 pear, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoons kosher salt
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Brush bread slices with olive oil. Arrange slices on baking sheet and cook until golden around the edges and crisp, about 10-12 minutes.
Mix olives, garlic, orange zest, thyme and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in food processor until smooth. If dry, add an additional tablespoon of olive oil.
Melt butter in sauté pan. Add pears, honey and salt; cook 2 to 3 minutes to soften.
Place a slice of brie on each crostini. Place 2 warm pear slices criss-crossed on top. Top with dollop of tapenade in center and garnish with sprig of thyme. For a second presentation, spread thin layer of tapenade on each slice, then spread one generous tablespoon of brie on tapenade. Place 2 pear slices on top and garnish with sprig of thyme.