Since we’re all wired up differently, we should use our own unique personality and creativity to make gift-giving more personal. Here’s a list of personality types to help you brainstorm ways to match your personality with the best way to give back to others this holiday.
• Develop a web site or promotional materials for a non-profit group.
• Design a logo and business cards for a community group and help brainstorm fundraising ideas.
• Sign up for a charity marathon and raise money for a good cause.
• Volunteer as a Christmas caroler to spread cheer in your neighborhood.
• Log on to Projectlinus.org and knit blankets for children in hospitals.
• Teach arts and crafts to a Boys and Girls Club or to residents at a nursing home.
• Help to decorate and fill shoeboxes that will be donated to Operation Christmas.
• Coordinate bake sales for non-profit organizations in your community.
• Lead a canned food drive at your office, place of worship or local mall.
• Volunteer as a hostess at the Ronald McDonald House or other wellness center.
• Mentor a child through the United Way’s Big Brothers Big Sisters.
• Become a hospice volunteer.
Mr. or Ms. Fix-it
• Lend time assisting with building maintenance at a church or community center.
• Help an older neighbor with more challenging home repairs.
• Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity to help build a home for a family in need.
Have a personality to add to the list?
How have you used your creative personality to give during the holidays?