This recipe was created special for the Food Champ Challenge. I just thought about one of my favorite breakfasts and found a way to attach it all to the bacon and seriously, these bad boys are tasty!
1754 per serving
- 6 eggs, Soft boiled and peeled
- 12 lean bacon slices
- 2 cup biscuit mix
- 1-1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1. Take each boiled egg and wrap lengthwise with 2 slices of bacon and secure with a tooth pick.
2. Place the wrapped eggs in a deep fryer at 350 for 4 minutes. Remove and set on paper towels to absorb the grease.
3. In a medium bowl mix the biscuit mix, milk and corn meal and set aside.
4. Roll each bacon wrapped and cooked egg in flour and then dip in the biscuit mix and place in the deep fryer two at a time for no more than 2 minutes.
5. Remove and set on paper towels and repeat until all the eggs have been fried.
6. In a small bowl mix the mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey and horseradish.