It’s so important to make the most of these colder months and enjoy all of the cozy vibes that come with it, that is unless you live in a warm climate then in that case, lucky you! But for those of us in the Northern hemisphere who have cooler Novembers or even if you just love a good soup, here is an incredibly simple recipe that’s perfect to share with a friend or enjoy on your own. I’ve partnered with Kenmore and their Personal Blender to show you how easy it is to make this soup with a few ingredients, a pot for cooking and blender. It was minimal mess and quick as can be!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 cups (200g) thinly sliced leeks (just white parts)
- 1 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 7 cups (1.65l) vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup (35g) raw unsalted cashews or 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp chopped chives, to serve
- 1 tsp mustard
- toasted bread, for dipping or garnish (optional)
Heat the oil over medium heat in a large saucepan and sauté the garlic and leeks until the vegetables are soft, 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped cauliflower and continue to sauté for another minute.
Then, add the vegetable broth and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on medium for 20-25 minutes, until the cauliflower is completely tender.
Remove the saucepan from heat and allow the soup to cool slightly then stir in the nut butter and mustard.
Pour the soup into your blender in batches (I used about 2-3 batches) and blend on high for about 1 minute, until you’ve reached desired consistency. Return the soup to the saucepan and warm it over low heat. Incorporate salt to taste. Garnish with either chopped chives, toasted bread chunks and a drizzle of olive oil.