It’s time to break out the cleaning supplies and get your home in tip-top shape to welcome the new season, starting with your kitchen. Don’t worry about all the work, these helpful cleaning tips will help you get in, out and ready to create new, more delicious adventures in there.
• First things first, the refrigerator. A cleaner fridge means it works better, keeps foods fresh and will run longer. It’s the hardest working appliance in your kitchen, so why don’t you give it a little TLC.Completely empty out the fridge and give it a good scrub down. Wipe up all spills, smudges, doors, drawers and shelves.Clean the seals of refrigerator doors with hot water and mild dishwashing soap, then dry thoroughly.To eliminate odors, spread fresh coffee grounds on a tray and place inside the refrigerator until the smell goes away. The coffee smell will fade too.
• Placing whole cloves near doorways and windows can keep houseflies away.
• To clean greasy stove tops, use this easy step-by-step tutorial.
• Avoid putting onion skins in the garbage disposal to prevent lingering bad smells.
• Disinfect your garbage disposal by grinding ice cubes made of half water and half vinegar.
• Clean your microwave quickly by placing a handful of wet paper towels inside and microwaving on high for 3-5 minutes for a steam clean.
• To deodorize your microwave, place a mixture of 1 cup of water and half a cup of lemon juice inside on high for 3-5 minutes. Let it stand in the microwave for 5-10 minutes before removing.
• If your cast iron pans won’t get clean after water and a soft dishcloth, use a few tablespoons of salt and a paper towel, then rinse. Dab the inside with some cooking oil to replenish the surface.