I love fast and flavorful recipes that are flashy! My flatbread smothered in a blend of 4 cheeses and topped with vibrant mini peppers, basil, and roasted red peppers is just that. Toss in the Pancetta and the flatbread becomes gourmet yet takes minutes to make! Four-Cheese Flatbread was created right after I entered a grilled cheese sandwich contest. I had to use up a drawer full of odds-and-ends, thus the melting pot of international cheese! I was delighted with the flavor; I hope you are too!
283 per serving
- 1 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
- 2 (8-inch) multi-grain flatbread
- 6 tablespoons Crescenza-Stracchino, or desired soft spreadable cheese
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco,, crumbled
- 4 thin slices Pancetta,, slice in 1/4-inch strips
- 5 mini sweet peppers,, cut in rings, seeds removed
- 2 marinated roasted red peppers,, roughly cut
- 1/4 cup freshly grated aged Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves,, chiffonade
Wash two oven racks and place in the center of the oven about 3-4 inches apart. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
Brush one side of flatbread with garlic olive oil; set oil side down, each on a sheet of wax paper. Divide and spread Crescenza-Stracchino on top of non-oiled side of flatbread, leaving a 1-inch rim. Sprinkle with mozzarella and queso fresco. Arrange pancetta strips, pepper rings, and marinated peppers over cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan and crushed red peppers.
Place a cookie sheet on the lower rack to catch any spillage. On the rack, above the cookie sheet, slide the flatbread off of the wax paper and directly onto the rack. Bake 8 minutes or until cheese has melted and bottom crust is crispy. Sprinkle with chiffonade basil and enjoy! Serves 2-4.