Made by Chef David Blackmon
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
101 per serving
- 1-1/2 pounds collard greens, stemmed and cut into 1/2-inch ribbons
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium broth, (chicken or vegetable)
- 1-1/2 cup canned Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
Prep all the ingredients. To prep the collard greens, fold each leaf in half and slice off and discard the stem. Stack all the leaves together, and thinly slice them crosswise.
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, stir in the garlic and reduce the heat to medium. Season the garlic with a light sprinkling of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the garlic is translucent, 2-4 minutes.
Add the collard greens to the pan. Cook, stirring often, until they turn bright green, 2-4 minutes. Season the collards with a light sprinkling of salt and pepper (both the chicken stock and beans are salty), and stir.
Pour in the chicken broth. Give the greens a good stir and cover. Cook until the collards soften a little, about 5 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring often, until the collards are tender. Stir in the white beans and zest, and cook 5 minutes more.