Learn how to make this delicious grilled octopus salad from the Kenmore In-House Chef Kari Karch.
504 per serving
- 1 pounds octopus, frozen
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cup arugula
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, roasted and cooled
- 2 small shallots, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons torn basil
- 1 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 sprig of mint
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup red vinegar
- 2 fresh or marinated anchovy fillets
Turn on induction. Place fresh octopus in a pot filled with water and bring to a boil. Cook for at least 30 minutes. If frozen, put octopus in a pot filled with water, bring to a boil and cook for about an hour-and-a-half. Remove to a plate and let it cool. While it boils, make the vinaigrette.
In a food processor, add oil, roasted garlic, chopped shallots, basil, thyme, mint, oregano, Dijon mustard, anchovy fillets, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
Open beans and drain. Set aside. Cut red pepper & celery and put aside.
Remove octopus and let cool. Once cooled, cut legs off the octopus and put in bowl. Add part of the vinaigrette to the bowl. Cover and refrigerate (up to 24 hours).
Remove from fridge, drain vinaigrette (or just remove from bowl). Heat up your grill or grill pan and char each side of the octopus legs.
Cut up legs into small pieces. Toss with celery, red pepper, cannellini beans and arugula. Add lemon and parsley. Top with extra vinaigrette and pepper.
Fry bread with oil for a few minutes. Serve with crusty bread to sop up the vinaigrette.