Stuff a few pitas with roasted salmon and you’ve got a nice, hearty lunch.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
435 per serving
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 12 black olives, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 7-inch pita breads, cut in half
- 6 4 oz salmon fillet pieces, skinned
- olive oil, for brushing salmon
- kosher salt, for seasoning salmon
- 1/4 pounds arugula
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Black Olive Aioli
Blend mayo, garlic, olives, thyme and lemon juice in food processor until smooth, about 1 minute.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Wrap pita in foil; warm in oven (or warming drawer) for 10 minutes.
Brush salmon with oil and sprinkle generously with salt. Transfer to oiled sheet pan. Roast salmon in oven at 400 degrees until a knife inserted into thickest part encounters no resistance, about 8 minutes for medium rare and 10 minutes for well done.
Cut warm pita bread in half. On inside pocket, generously slather black olive aioli. Place cooked salmon in pocket and sprinkle with arugula and tomatoes. Serve immediately.