My Grandma Logan is my greatest inspiration when it comes to cooking. On our many visits to grandma’s, there was always the wonderful aroma of country ham in the air. She would bake her homemade biscuits and stuff them with country ham & eggs. This is my less superior version. Country ham is family and love.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
679 per serving
- 6 frozen biscuits
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoons tuscan seasoning
- 6 eggs (whole)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoons italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 country ham biscuits slices
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons gourmet pepper jelly
Preheat oven to 375. Brush the tops of biscuits with 1/2 of the olive oil & tuscan seasoning. Bake biscuits on a non-stick cookie sheet according to package or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside
Cook Country ham
Meanwhille, add 2 tbsp water to a medium high heat skillet. Add ham slices and cook for 2 minutes; flip and cook for 1 additional minute. Add syrup & pepper jelly to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes
Beat eggs, cream, parsley, thyme, chives, cheese, salt & pepper in a mixing bowl. Heat the pan to medium heat and add remaining olive oil & butter. Pour in eggs. Using a wooden spoon, scramble eggs, and cook to desired doneness.
Slice biscuits in half. Top with ham and eggs.