745 per serving
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cup leeks, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 cup light cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
In a large pan, heat the oil and add the leeks, celery, onion and garlic. Saute over medium heat until vegetables are soft.
Stir in vegetable stock or water, potatoes, salt, pepper and thyme. Bring to a boil.
Simmer over medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Add the cream and herbs and return to a light simmer, stirring occasionally.
Remove soup from heat and let sit a few minutes before serving.