Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
205 per serving
- 12 ounces beef tenderloin, cut into cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut into wedges
- 5 pieces precooked thick bacon, cut into fourths
- 8 ounces package baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 red onions, peeled and cut into pedals
- 1 teaspoons black cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cup Cabernet wine
Blend spices for rub together in a small bowl. Rub mixture into tenderloin pieces and refrigerate 2 hours.
Make wine sauce by cooking the shallots in butter in a medium skillet on side burner of grill. Cook over medium heat until tender. Add garlic, spices and wine; continue to cook until reduced by half. Keep warm until ready to serve (cover and refrigerate if making it a day ahead).
Thread meat, pepper, bacon, mushrooms, and onion pedals onto 4 presoaked 10-inch bamboo skewers. Continue this pattern to fill all 4 skewers.
Cook on preheated grill over medium high heat for 10-12 minutes, turning over once, until meat is cooked to desired tenderness (145 degrees for rare, up to 170 degrees for well done). Let kabobs rest 5-minutes, brush with wine sauce then serve.