This delicious shrimp rolls are perfect for your kids lunchbox or even a great dinner snack for the whole family. Check out how my friend Gavin helps me in the kitchen whip up these delightful treats! Oh, and please take the time to share Gavin’s story.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
102 per serving
- 1 package whole wheat vermicelli noodles
- 1 package of 8inch spring roll wrappers
- fresh chives
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1. Pour boiling water over vermicelli rice noodles and soak 15 minutes. Drain and rinse. Divide into 8 equal portions. Fill a wide, shallow bowl with cool water. Working with one spring-roll wrapper at a time, soak until pliable, 20 seconds. Transfer to a flat surface and smooth. 2. Place a layer of fillings on bottom third of wrapper, leaving a 1 1/2-inch border. Top with a portion of noodles and another layer of fillings. 3. Fold bottom of wrapper tightly over fillings. 4. Roll over once, tuck in sides, and finish rolling. Transfer roll to a plate and cover with a slightly damp paper towel. Repeat to make 8 summer rolls. Serve immediately with dipping sauce, or refrigerate, up to 2 hours.