Warm yourself up and enjoy the taste of fine chocolate with this classic cold-weather beverage treat.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
351 per serving
- 12 ounces best quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-167/502 cup heavy cream, (do not substitute)
- 3 cup half and half
- 4 teaspoons vanilla, (optional)
- lightly sweetened whipped cream
Combine chopped chocolate and salt in a large heatproof bowl. Heat heavy cream, half and half and vanilla in saucepan over medium heat until mixture is very hot. Once you see tiny bubbles forming around the edges, remove pot from heat. Gradually add cream mixture to the first bowl while scraping sides and whisking constantly to melt the chocolate. Garnish with whipped cream and serve immediately.
Consistency of hot chocolate will be thick; if thinner consistency is preferred, add more half and half.