Learn how to make lobster mac and cheese with white truffle oil from the Kenmore in-house chef Kari Karch.
981 per serving
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 8 ounces cavatappi pasta
- 6 ounces fresh crabmeat, picked over
- 1 pounds lobster meat, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 cup fish stock (homemade)
- 1 tablespoons sherry or cognac
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; stir 1 minute. Add stock, sherry and cream; simmer until sauce is reduced to 2 cups, about 5 minutes. Add cheeses; stir constnatly on low heat until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain and set aside. Stir lobster, cooked shrimp, crabmeat, and 2 tablespoons butter and sauce into pasta. Stir over medium-low heat until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into baking dish.
Melt 2 tbsp butter into saucepan and add 1 cup panko. Stir panko into butter until panko is coated. Add salt and parmesan cheese to taste. Add leftover lobster chunks. Toss ingredients around. Pour panko on top of pasta. Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Eat.