Creamy rice goes great with sweet, juicy lobster. Adding some morel mushrooms makes it really special.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
5648 per serving
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces morel mushrooms, medium rough cut
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 small plum tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped (or a quarter cup canned Italian tomatoes, well drained and chopped)
- 8 ounces lobster meat, cooked (from two 1.5 pound lobsters)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 cup lobster broth
- 2 tablespoons leeks, finely minced
- 1-1/2 cup carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup Prosecco
- 5 cup lobster broth
- 1 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
Bring lobster broth to a steady simmer in a saucepan.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter and one tablespoon oil in a small skillet over moderate heat. When it begins to foam, add morels and sauté for 1 minute. Add garlic and tomato; cook for about 1 minute, until the tomato begins to soften and lose color. Add lobster, season with salt and pepper, stir to combine with the tomato and gently sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until lobster is heated through. Set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy 4-qt. pot over moderate heat. Add leeks and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, until leeks begin to soften but not brown.
Add rice to leeks. Using a wooden spoon, stir for 1 to 2 minutes, making sure grains are well coated and the rice has a nutty aroma. Add Prosecco and stir until completely absorbed. Begin to add the simmering broth, half cup at a time, stirring frequently. Wait until each addition is almost completely absorbed before adding the next half cup, reserving a quarter cup to add at the end. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
After approximately 18 minutes, when rice is tender but still firm, add reserved broth. Turn off the heat immediately and add lobster and morels, remaining butter, parsley and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Stir vigorously to combine. Serve immediately.