Holiday time: what not to forget
The last thing I want to do during December is run out to the store for stuff I forgot. Here’s what I keep around the house so that I’m ready for anything!
- Scissors and tape. Not just for wrapping gifts, but also for temporary repairs or to keep the kids busy with crafts.
- A stash of homemade gifts. I devote one day to making my signature breads and drink mixes. I add a homemade gift tag and they’re ready to give.
- Cake and brownie mixes. They’re easy options for unexpected visitors. Plus, who doesn’t like the smell of baked goodies?
- Easy cleanup supplies. I like to make my own eco-friendly cleansers, but sometimes a single-use wipe comes in handy.
- Spot remover. The more entertaining we do, the more messes we make. And don’t forget club soda, which works well too.
- Batteries. We always seem to run out, so I buy LOTS, especially when they’re on sale or I have a coupon.
- Stick-on mailing labels. I print a stack with our return address, then just seal and stick.
- A small postal scale. They’re inexpensive and great for gift shipping. I buy postage online and have the shipper pick up packages at our door.
- Holiday cards. I always seem to run out, so I keep extra cards on hand; when I think I’ve mailed the last card, I think of someone I forgot!
What’s on your list? How do you stay ready for the unexpected during the holidays?