This unique lasagna has layer upon layer of Mexican flavor. Add your favorite garnishes for a satisfying meal.
809 per serving
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 pounds fresh ground beef
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 packages premade taco seasoning, mixed with 1 cup of water
- 14-1/2 ounces chopped tomatoes, (1 can)
- 4 ears of corn, kernels removed from husk (or equivalent canned or frozen)
- 14-1/2 ounces black beans, cooked and drained
- 1 can of black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, finely sliced
- 1 package of homemade corn tortillas
- 1 pounds Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, mashed with lime or lemon juice and salt (optional)
- sour cream
- fresh roasted tomato salsa
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and sauté onions until almost translucent. Add ground beef and salt; cook over medium heat until thoroughly cooked. Add two packages of taco seasoning with water and tomatoes. Simmer for a few minutes. Add corn, black beans, black olives and cilantro. Toss all together. Remove from heat.
Layer tortillas and meat mixture in a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with green onions and cheese. Repeat, finishing with cheese on top.
Cook in a 350-degree preheated oven for a minimum of 30-40 minutes. If it gets too brown, cover with foil until finished cooking.
If you like, serve with the avocado, sour cream and roasted tomato salsa.