Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
534 per serving
- 2 cup all purpose flour, Crust
- 3/4 teaspoons salt, Crust
- 2/3 cup shortening, Crust
- 13 tablespoons cold water, Crust
- 4 granny smith apples, Filling
- 1 cup cranberries, Filling
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, Filling
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, Filling
- 1 cup sugar, Filling
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, Filling
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour, Filling
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon, Filling
- 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg, Filling
Step 1: Crust
In a small bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in the shortening until mixture is crumbly.
Step 2: Crust
Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
Step 3: Crust
Divide dough ball into 2 smaller balls. Cover each ball and refrigerate for 30 mins or until easy to handle.
Step 4: Crust
Roll out 1 ball on a lightly floured surface to fit 9-inch pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with the edge of plate.
Step 1: Filling
Mix together apples, cranberries, pineapple, walnuts, and sugar.
Step 2: Filling
Sift together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg; add to apple mixture.
Step 3: Filling
Divide filling mixture equally between 2 pie crusts. Dot each filling with 1-1/2 Tbsp butter.
Step 1: Top Crust with Star Cutouts
Roll out remaining dough ball on a lightly floured surface. Cut out little stars and place top crust over filling.
Step 2: Top Crust with Star Cutouts
Wet the back of each star with a little water and place on the top pie crust for decoration. Trim, seal, and flute edges.
Bake at 400 for 40 mins.