In life, there are needs and there are wants. As a college kid going away to school and mom has her credit card in hand, well all wants turn into major needs. I’ve seen this first hand when my friends went off to school and had to have the coolest and newest of everything, and I mean everything. Right down to the fanciest coffee maker that nowadays would most likely play blaring loud music to wake you up out of a beer-infused coma from staying out all night at that Lambda Chi Alpha party. Yes, our parents love to spoil us when they know we are flocking the nest. They find comfort in purchasing items for your very first dorm room and love it even more if they are invited back on a weekly basis to check in on their first born going off to school.
I thought it would be a good idea to make a list of what would be essential to any dorm room or college apartment that would help you get through a full term. Below are my picks for small appliances that I could not live without when I was first starting out.
Must Have College Essentials:
- Coffee Maker- for all those mornings and late night study sessions
- Alarm Clock- make sure snooze is the biggest button on it
- Microwave- to reheat your coffee after it’s been sitting out all day
- Portable Induction Cook top- to make a box of mac and cheese, why else??
- Iron- to not only press your clothes, but make a mean grilled cheese sammie
- Blender- for those morning power smoothies or margarita Mondays
- Small Vacuum- your roomie will thank you that the carpet doesn’t have glitter everywhere from homecoming