Good gravy! Add it to the table for Thanksgiving dinner or pour it over biscuits for a hearty breakfast.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
569 per serving
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- turkey pan juices, strained and fat skimmed off the top or by using a fat separator
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 167/502 cup bourbon
- 2 cup good quality turkey or chicken stock, (preferably homemade or Swanson's brand)
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper, ground
In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add turkey pan juices, wine, bourbon and stock. Bring to a boil and reduce to 2 cups.
Add sage and season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Reheat before ready to serve.
Omit the bourbon and sage for little diners.
Make a soup by adding stock and vegetables to leftover gravy. For a hearty sandwich, pour it over roast beef sandwiches. Serve gravy for breakfast the next day with biscuits.
Use reduced beef stock in place of the turkey stock.