My Turkey Chili is one of my family’s favorite dishes, and this recipe of Chili is so easy to make! Healthy and low in fat, my turkey chili is always a crowd pleaser.
242 per serving
- 1 medium to large onion (chopped)
- 1 package ground Turkey Meat (You could also use ground beef if you prefer)
- 2 cans Garbanzo Beans
- 2 cans Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 2 cans Mexican Style Stewed Tomatoes
- spices- garlic salt, seasoned salt, fresh ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper (ground or flakes)
- Additions to your liking: Cheese, sour scream, chili peppers, bread bowls (for serving) bell peppers, fresh garlic
In a large pot, brown your Turkey Meat with your chopped onion and spices (this is where you would also add garlic chilis or bell peppers if you choose)
Once the turkey is cooked, pour in your 2 cans of Mexican Style Stewed Tomatoes
Heat to slow boil then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 mins. (stirring occasionally)
Drain your beans (do not rinse) and add all 4 cans to your simmering chili
Stir well, lower heat, and cover to simmer for 15 mins.
Add additional seasoning to taste.
Serve as is or in a bread bowl