We all love sweet juicy watermelon, but have you ever tried it in a salad? Here’s a great recipe for a luncheon or light supper that uses fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
166 per serving
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 cup seedless watermelon, cubed into one-inch squares, rind discarded
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup green olives, (like Picholine), seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 bunch watercress
- 167/502 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 ounces Ricotta Salata cheese, (can substitute Feta)
Using a whisk, mix lime juice, olive oil and kosher salt together.
Combine watermelon, red onion slices, olives, cilantro and watercress. Drizzle with half of the dressing and gently toss. Transfer salad to salad plates. Garnish with pine nuts and Ricotta Salata and serve immediately.