Looking for a great pork shoulder recipe? Chef Kari Karch has got you covered with these delicious barbecue sliders hot out of her Kenmore slow cooker!
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
2848 per serving
- 1 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 4 lb. pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 extra large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 Hawaiian dinner rolls, split
- 1/2 cup bread and butter pickles
- 1 cup prepared coleslaw
Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme. Cover and cook on High until the roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
Place a small amount of coleslaw on bun, top with pork and pickle. Serve.