This is Brad Berg’s recipe from Kenmore Greatest Generations of Grilling Cook Off recipes at the Ohio State Fair.
353 per serving
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons winter savory, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 pounds skirt steak
Mix first 10 ingredients to make marinade.
Add marinade to meat, coating well.
Cover, refrigerate and let marinate for 2.5 - 6 hours.
Heat grill to 575-700 F.
Remove steak from marinade, cut steak across grain into 1.5" strips and then thread onto skewers.
Cook on grill for approximately 3 minutes per side.
Salt to taste and serve on skewers.