Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
385 per serving
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, Pie Crust
- 1/2 teaspoons salt, Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening, Pie Crust
- 3 tablespoons ice cold water, Pie Crust
- 2 cup frozen blueberries, Filling
- 3/4 cup frozen, unsweetened raspberries, Filling
- 3/4 cup unsweetened strawberries, cut into bite size pieces, Filling
- 1/2 cup sugar, Filling
- 5 tablespoons flour, Filling
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, Filling
- 1 teaspoons vanilla, Filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, Filling
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces, Filling
- 1 cup flour, Topping
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oatmeal, Topping
- 3/4 cup sugar, Topping
- 1/4 cup cold butter, Topping
Step 1: Crust
Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour and salt into a medium mixing bowl. Cut in the shortening with a fork or a pastry blender.
Step 2: Crust
Gradually add just enough ice cold water to hold dough together. Form into a ball.
Step 3: Crust
Roll out onto a lightly floured surface until it is an 11-inch disk. Transfer, by folding into quarters, to a 9 to 9-1/2 inch glass pie pan. Cut any edges that overlap the pan to equal just beyond the pan, and flute the edges.
Step 1: Filling
Gently combine all the filling ingredients, except for the butter and lemon juice, until well-blended (be careful not to break up the berries).
Step 2: Filling
Spread in an unbaked pie shell; sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter.
Step 1: Topping
Combine flour, oatmeal, and sugar.
Step 2: Topping
Cut in cold butter.
Step 3: Topping
Sprinkle evenly over the top of the berries.
Baking and Finishing:
Bake in 375 oven for 55 - 60 mins or until center tests done and crust and top of the pie are golden brown. Check after 25 mins. If the crust is browning too quickly, cover loosely with aluminum foil. Remove foil 10 mins before removing the pie from the oven to allow the crust to finish browning. Allow to cool before cutting.