Now that the weather is warming up, it’s time to pack away the winter bedding in exchange for something a little lighter. It’s a good idea to launder your winter bedding before you pack it away. These tips will help you achieve clean, fresh bedding that’ll be good to go next fall.
• Wash duvets in a large capacity machine. (Our new line of top load washers are perfect for bulky items like comforters and pillows!) If you’re using a top load machine, let the drum fill halfway with water before adding the duvets.
• Throw a few tennis balls into the dryer with duvets and pillows. This will keep the down from clumping.
• Wash wool blankets in cold water and tumble dry on low. Throw a couple dry towels into the dryer with the blankets to help with the drying.
• Instead of using liquid fabric softener, which can be absorbed unevenly in duvets and pillows, use dryer sheets to freshen and prevent static.
• The sun is a natural whitener. If you have access to an outdoor clothesline, hang your bedding outside for the afternoon.
• While you’re freshening up the bed for the season, be sure to flip the mattress and wash your mattress pad.
• Make sure all bedding is completely dry before packing away for the season. Residual moisture can cause mold and odors to develop.
In the market for a new washer and dryer? Be sure to check out the full Kenmore Laundry selection.