Kitchen appliances can get quite the workout as they’re the most used appliances on a daily basis. Here are some tips from Johanna Cook of Momma Cuisine to help maintain them in tip-top shape!
- Pop off the blades, cap and other small parts and soak in warm water with dish soap.
- Take a damp cloth and wipe down the base and wires of sticky messes.
- Remove the filter to soak in warm soapy water before reinstalling it in the dishwasher.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the dishwasher with baking soda and run on heavy cycle.
- Once cycle is done, add about 1⁄2 cup of vinegar to the bottom of the dishwasher over- night or at least 4 hours and run heavy cycle again for that new-dishwasher smell!
- You can’t beat a classic! Take box of cold ol’ baking soda and place in the fridge to absorb odors.
- Use equal parts vinegar and warm water to clean the interior shelves, drawers and refrigerator walls. Natural cleaners are better to use since you don’t want to mix food with chemicals.
- Deep Clean: start from the top shelf and remove food, toss old items, wipe down jars and containers using vinegar/water cleaning solution. Soak shelves in warm water, dish soap and vinegar. Wipe down and let dry.
- Unplug toaster oven. Use a moist towel or soft sponge, take out racks and wipe off any crumbs in the bottom of the toaster oven.
- Take baking soda and water and make a thick paste (like thick toothpaste). Then, take the paste and spread on baked on grease spots. Scrub off gently with green scour pad.