Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
1126 per serving
- 1 cup kosher salt, (brine)
- 1 cup brown sugar, (brine)
- 1 cup water, (brine)
- 20 pounds turkey, skin intact and boned (brine)
- house seasoning, recipe below (brine)
- cornbread dressing, recipe below (brine)
- 3 pounds duck, boned (brine)
- 3 pounds chicken, boned (brine)
- paprika, to taste
- 1 cup salt, (house seasoning)
- 1/4 cup black pepper, (house seasoning)
- 1/4 cup garlic powder, (house seasoning)
- 1 cup self rising cornmeal, (cornbread)
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour, (cornbread)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, (cornbread)
- 2 eggs, (cornbread)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, (cornbread)
- 7 slices of white bread, dried in warm oven (dressing)
- cornbread, from recipe
- 1 sleeve of saltine cracker, (dressing)
- 2 cup celery, chopped (dressing)
- 1 large onion, chopped (dressing)
- 8 tablespoons butter, (dressing)
- 7 cup chicken stock, (dressing)
- 1 teaspoons salt, (dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, (dressing)
- 1 teaspoons dried sage, (dressing)
- 1 tablespoons poultry seasoning, (dressing)
- 5 eggs, beaten (dressing)
To make the Brine
Mix salt and sugar with the water. Brine is ready when the mixture is completely dissolved. If the water is heated to quicken the process, make sure it is cooled to room temperature before placing meat in. Let the 3 birds sit in brine in the refrigerator overnight.
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients and pour into a greased shallow baking dish. bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Crumble dried white bread slices, cornbread and crackers. Mix together and set aside. Saute chopped celery and onion in butter until transparent, approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Pour over corn bread mixture. Add stock, mix well and add salt, pepper, sage, and poultry seasoning. Add beaten eggs and mix well.
Cooking the Bird
Preheat roaster to 500 degrees F. Lay turkey skin side down on a flat surface. Dust turkey with House Seasoning and add 1/4-inch layer of cornbread dressing. Repeat with duck and chicken. Begin trussing up the turkey at the neck. Insert metal skewer about 1/2-inch from the edge and up through the other side. Run butcher's twine between skin and skewer and tighten to draw both sides together. Continue down to the legs. With every other skewer, draw together the duck and chicken skin. Tie together turkey legs to resemble standard turkey. Dust turkey skin with paprika. Roast turducken for 15 minutes. Then turn the roaster down to 225 degrees F to finish, approximately 3 hours. Remove turducken from roaster once the internal temperature in the chicken reaches 155 degrees F. Let rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
Cut across the middle of the breast completely through. Plate thin slices containing turkey, duck and chicken.