302 per serving
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup packed organic baby spinach
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried organic basil
- 2 teaspoons dried organic oregano
- 3 sweet potatoes, steamed meat removed from skin
- 1 extra large zucchini, shredded, add salt to taste
- 1 cup organic pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, torn
Preheat oven to 350*. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, spinach, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. Cook down until mushrooms are tender and spinach wilts, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and mash in sweet potato and taste for seasoning. Let cool. Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls and transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake meatballs 25 minutes or until heated through and crisp on the outside.
While the meatballs are cooking, slice zucchini with a mandolin. Layer the slices & cut in to thin strips. Place meatballs on top and 1 cup of organic pasta sauce. Garnish with basil leaves.