Beth Aldrich of Real Moms Love to Eat shares her recipe for white bean chicken chili!
1603 per serving
- 3 15-oz. cans organic white beans, drained
- 6 cup organic chicken broth
- 2 medium onions, peeled and diced (divide in half)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 4 oz. cans whole green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
Place beans, chicken broth and half the onions in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and, when hot but not smoking, add onions and saut until tender a couple of minutes Stir in chicken and saut for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Add green chiles, garlic, cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes and stir until well combined. Transfer mixture to bean pot and season with salt and pepper. Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, or until flavors are well blended. Add more water or stock, if needed. Serve warm, garnished with sour cream, cheddar cheese and salsa, if desired.