Here’s a recipe of a different color. Try this unique spin on an old classic and rediscover your love of chili.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
5000 per serving
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 4 oz. cans chopped green chile peppers, (we use mild)
- 1 tablespoons cumin, ground
- 1 tablespoons oregano, dried
- 1/4 tablespoons cinnamon, ground
- cayenne pepper, ground, to taste
- white pepper, ground, to taste
- 3 15 oz. cans cannellini or Navy beans
- 5 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Combine in a large pot over medium heat, mix the onion, garlic and ground turkey and sauté for 10 minutes or until turkey is well browned.
Add the chile peppers, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and white pepper to taste and sauté 5 more minutes. Add two cans of the beans and the chicken broth to the pot. Take the third can of beans and puree them in a blender or food processor. Add this to the pot along with the shredded cheese.
Stir well and simmer 10 minutes, allowing cheese to melt.