If you have a basement, pantry or other space for it, having a second freezer can be a great idea. From buying in bulk to preserving in-season fruits and vegetables, here are five reasons you should consider buying a second freezer.
1. You can buy in bulk. Whether it’s a side of beef, a whole pig or a case of your favorite frozen foods, having a second freezer will allow you to buy in large quantities. This will help you save money and will also make sure you never hear “but there’s nothing to eat!”
2. You can stock up when your favorite foods are on sale. Your child won’t eat anything but chicken nuggets made by a specific brand. You see that said nuggets are buy one, get one free at the grocery store. You fill up the freezer and everyone’s happy.
3. You can preserve your home grown fruits and vegetables. It always seems like everything gets ripe at the same time, doesn’t it? Enjoy what you can while it’s fresh, and then throw the rest in freezer containers and enjoy it later.
4. You can say goodbye to takeout (and hello to savings). Preparing some of your favorite foods and then freezing them will make the temptation to order takeout a little easier to pass up.
5. You can free up space in the your refrigerator’s freezer. Overstuffing a freezer is never a good idea. Especially when a frozen slab of beef falls out and almost lands on your foot. With a second freezer, you can limit the everyday freezer to the essentials … like pints of ice cream.
Now that you know the reasons to buy a second freezer, go to Kenmore.com to shop our freezer selection. We offer two styles of freezer: upright and chest. Upright freezers are available in sizes ranging from 4.9 cubic feet to 20.9 cubic feet. Chest freezers range in size from 5.1 cubic feet to 21.6 cubic feet.