Appliances are your best friends in the kitchen if you understand the features and value they offer. Let’s demystify some appliance features by explaining the tasks best suited to them.
- You always want plenty of ice for cocktails, slushies or seafood. Kenmore refrigerators with the SpaceSaver Ice™ system free up 20% more room in the freezer, and the easy-carry ice caddies make filling trays or beverages a snap.
- Store vegetables, fruits and herbs for optimal freshness in your crisper drawer. Kenmore’s Fresh-n-Ready™ bin lets you see fresh produce at a glance and keep it within reach.
- Filtered water from Kenmore PUR® Ultimate II water filters is great for cooking and making coffee because of its fresh, clean taste.
- Perfect when you put large amounts of leftovers in the refrigerator, SmartSense cooling technology has internal sensors that sense changes in temperature and bring the interior back to its original temperature setting.
- For perfect, evenly baked and browned desserts, or succulent roast poultry and meats, true convection cooking comes through. You get all that plus shortened cooking times.
- Specialty burners like power or simmer burners ensure optimum temperatures for specific cooking tasks like simmering, sautéing, frying or boiling.
- Chefs swear by their warming drawer for proofing bread or keeping dishes warm while entertaining. If dinner often has to wait for latecomers at your house, put one on your wish list.
- Induction cooking significantly accelerates cooking times by using direct heat to warm pots and pans, providing a cooler cooking surface, easier cleanup and a cooler kitchen.
- Dishwashers with TurboZone™ with Rotating Spray Jets use spray jets in the back of the dishwasher to easily clean the worst baked-on messes from casseroles, pots and pans.
- The sanitizing rinse in Kenmore dishwashers lets you sanitize non-wood cutting boards with the power of steam. Use it for cleaning up after prepping raw poultry and meats.
Enjoy your favorite appliance by trying out these two recipes:
What are your favorite kitchen appliance features?