Executive Chef Noi Suwatthee of Siam Rice, Panang, and Thai Thai Deerfield shares a recipe for homemade basil chicken.
284 per serving
- 1 pounds Ground Chicken
- 1 Handful Holy or Sweet Basil
- 1 ounces Finely Minced Thai Chili Peppers
- 1 ounces Finely Minced Peeled Garlic Cloves
- 3 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoons Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoons Black Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoons Vegetable or Canola Oil
In a Wok or Frying pan, stir fry your Thai Chili Peppers and Peeled Garlic Cloves in your oil (medium heat). Once the peppers and Garlic become brown in color and is fragrant, stir in your ground chicken. Continue to stir to mix in the ingredients with the chicken. When the chicken is fully cooked, stir in your Fish Sauce, Sweet Soy Sauce and Black Soy Sauce (high heat). Add in your basil and stir until mixed well. Serve either on plate with side of steam rice or serve over a bed of rice (evenly over). Thai people often times eat this with a fried egg or 2 on the side w/ fish sauce and chopped Thai chili peppers.