Do you think everything tastes better with bacon? Then you are going to love this recipe! Perry Perkins shares his recipe for bacon wrapped stuffed peppers.
1206 per serving
- 40 whole baby bell peppers - red, yellow, orange, evenly sized
- 20 slices thin sliced premium apple-smoked bacon
- 2 pounds raw ground Spanish chorizo (not Mexican)
- 2 pounds hot Italian sausages
- 2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco's Buffalo sauce
- 4 tablespoons seasoning rub
- 40 plain wood toothpicks
- 4 cup Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- 2 cup honey
- 1 pounds butter, melted
Wash the bell peppers, slice off the stem ends, and core. Rinse again. (Leave 3-4 uncut, for demo purposes) Mix the rest of the ingredients, except the bacon, glaze, and bbq rub. Stuff each pepper, packing it firmly. Wrap each of the peppers with 1/2 slice of bacon, stretching it around the pepper moving toward the top. Pin with a toothpick. Sprinkle lightly with rub, and load into slider grill baskets. Fire up your grill and prepare for indirect cooking over medium-high heat. Add some pre- soaked fruit-wood chips if you want. Cook for 15-20 minutes, turning about halfway through. Move to direct heat to crisp the bacon. Meanwhile, mix the glaze ingredients and bring to a simmer, remove from heat and glaze each pepper, cook another 5 minutes. Flip, repeat, then cook another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes before serving.