Learn how to make this delicious turkey quesadilla with bacon guacamole recipe!
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /nas/content/live/kcd2018/wp-content/themes/thevoux-wp-child/inc/templates/single/style1.php on line 291
1040 per serving
- 4 8 inch flour tortillas
- 2 cup shredded turkey meat
- 1/2 cup low sugar BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 green onions, diced
- 1 can, green chilies, drained
- 1 can, organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa (ingredients follows)
- 4 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 head, garlic, halved
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Blue cheese and bacon guacamole (ingredients follows)
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon
- 3 Hass avocados
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 large garlic, clove grated
- 1 jalapeno, small dice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 2-1/2 tablespoons tablespoons crumbled blue cheese, + more for garnish
In a large bowl, toss the shredded chicken and BBQ sauce to combine. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add one tortilla. Top with a layer of shredded chicken, a mixture of cheese, some green onions, green chilies, and 2 tablespoons of black beans. Top with another layer of cheese and another tortilla. Cook for 3 minutes then while using a large spatula, carefully flip the quesadilla and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with the salsa and guacamole.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tomatillos, garlic, and jalapenos in a small bowl and toss with olive oil. Roast on a sheet tray for about 30 minutes. Add roasted vegetables and the remaining ingredients in a blender and puree till combined. *Make sure to remove blow hole on blender so the steam can escape and place a towel over the top. Can be made ahead of time.
Blue Cheese and Bacon Guacamole:
Start by cooking bacon in skillet until edges are crispy. Transfer to paper towel lined plate. Chop into bite sized pieces and set aside. Cut open avocados and scoop into large bowl. Mash together with lime juice, garlic, jalapenos, salt and pepper until chunky. Stir in cilantro, tomato, blue cheese, bacon and hot sauce. Stir until combined. Spoon into serving bowl and top with more blue cheese and cilantro. Serve with BBQ quesadillas.